Tomas Van Dyck
After more than 25 years in different financial roles at big and smaller companies, I have decided to found Fin2Grow. With this move, I want to use my broad expertise to support the growth of SME’s through financial advice tailored to their needs.
After graduating as Commercial Engineer (K.U. Leuven) I started my career at Procter & Gamble in the finance department supporting production and sales organizations in Belgium and Europe.
10 Years later, I moved on to the pharmaceutical industry at Johnson & Johnson and later on joined a successful spin-off Movetis.
After that I had various Finance Director and CFO roles in medium sized and smaller companies in different sectors (construction materials, medical distribution and waste management).
Through my hands-on experience in both large multinationals and SME’s, I can apply the techniques and processes used in large companies, in smaller organizations to boost the professionalism in these companies.
I am passionate about numbers but even more about the story and the people behind the numbers. Whether it is about production plants, research and development driven organizations or about commercial departments, they all benefit from having their data translated into information.
I am now focusing on biotech and lifesciences industry as I have 15 years experience in this exciting sector. A short overview of some specific area’s I have experience in:
- Financial evaluation of compounds and portfolios in different stages of development
- Setting up cash-flow planning, short-term and longer term. Protecting the cash-burn rate.
- Supporting analysis for licensing projects and negotiations.
- Setting up reporting and supporting application filings for obtaining R&D tax reductions (e.g. Innovation deduction, wage withholding tax exemption)
- Translating strategic plans into financial planning, setting up budget-cycle for production (including product-costing), R&D and commercial organizations.
- Setting up reporting process and systems, including reporting for Board of Directors (composed of VC’s and private equity).
- Setting up of transfer-pricing
You benefit from my knowledge
CFO as a service
Need financial support on a strategic level but not full-time? Our CFO-services offer a cost-efficient solution.
You have many idea’s and plans and want to translate these into a financial plan for the upcoming years? We help you build that financial plan to ensure a healthy growth.
We translate your numbers into information and actions. Through adequate reporting you can track progress towards the objectives of your business plan.